Monday, May 19, 2008

Jews & Mormons - Bridges Being Built

Last Friday I had the pleasure of attending a very nice celebration of the sixtieth year since the founding of the state of Israel. I was a guest at the invitation of Mark Paredes who is the LDS Public Relation representative to the Jewish community in Southern California.

Clearly, the founding of Israel (1948) is a miracle and an unmistakable sign of our day.

It was a very nice celebration. If I understand correctly it was hosted by the church and was at the Jewish Federation of Los Angeles. Forgive me for not geting the names, but there was a Seventy there, a number of other church leaders. Leaders from different parts of the Jewish community, some consulates, some press, and so on.

It was good to see Valeria G. ("like a canon") there!

A beautiful LDS young lady lead the group in singing the national anthem of Israel (Hatikvah), it was very touching. It’s nice to see Judah and Joseph getting along so well.

2 comments:

molly said...

nice. Thank you for the report.

Anonymous said...

Why do you Resist the Holy Ghost
This is what JOSH A WA, JEHOVA ,MESSIAH, CHRIST,
E MANU AL, JESUS THE KING OF THE JEWS SAID CONCERNING THE UN-BE-LIVING JEWS

12 ¶ Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life
19 Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.
Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.
37 I know that ye are Abraham’s seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.
55 Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying.
31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
The Jews prided themselves of thier much Learning, some seem to disregard Jesus' words listen with new ears
44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.
The Gnostic/Mystic Jews of Lucifer/Cain teaching could not know the truth because they were unable to hear him.
43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.